Diabetes is defined as a group of conditions with underlying pathology that results in the elevation of blood glucose levels. In other words, it is a condition in which medications, dietary behaviors, organ failure(pancreas not producing enough insulin) or diseases can cause the blood glucose levels to remain elevated for a long period of time.
Call our office to schedule an appointment and learn more about diabetes. Visit our product pages for low-cost snacks and other products.
What does it really mean to have Diabetes . I have a simple explanation to give newly diagnosed diabetics. If you have a straw in cool-aid or water you can suck up the fluid without problems, however if you put the straw in pudding there is a struggle to get the pudding through the straw. When you have high levels of circulating blood glucose your body has trouble getting the nourishment it needs, therefore you begin with symptoms of deprivation hunger(even though you ate a large meal), trouble concentrating, thirst, and of course the weight gain because the body begins to deposit the excessive circulating glucose in our reserve areas(waist and thighs in female and chest of the males).
We have a comprehensive program to help you manage diabetes and prevent complications.
Special Pricing for the Un-insured
(Cash discount program).
1. Annual Comprehensive Physical exam ($60 for the un-insured)which includes Complete physical, foot health evaluation, checking hydration levels, blood glucose testing and urinalysis.
2. Free Monofilament Guide for home foot care.
3. Personalized Dietary Program with recommended daily calorie count and acceptable blood sugar ranges. Includes weight lost options
4. Free Blood sugar testing meter(when available)
5. Low Cost B12 injections
6. Comprehensive lab testing at discount lab provider